On 18th December 2014, SSCCIA granted awards to 26 Business categories in Airlines, Bank, Agriculture, Security, Petroleum, Hotel, Internet provision, Water Brand, Trasport and Forwarding, Constructions, Beverage, Pharmacy, TV station, Travel Agency, Business Person of the Year (in which Mr. Zeru W. Michael was among the nominees) and of course Best Insurance Company of the Year- which was granted to New Sudan Insurance Company. The moment marked the culmination of efforts of hard work over many years geared at building reputation through dedicated indigenous capacity building, ethical and professional insurance undertaking as well as major engagement in domestic investment.
The Company has been instrumental in initiating a quasi-compulsory third party insurance requirement for motor vehicles coming across east Africa by placing representation in most commercial borders in south Sudan in 2007;
- The Company has spearheaded the formation of the Association for South Sudan Insurers in 2009. The Association was registered in May 2010 and has its temporary head quarters in its Head Office;
- The Company was instrumental in drafting Martyr's Fund proclamation which has been submitted to the South Sudan War Disabled, Orphans & Widows association;
- The Company has initiated the establishment of and registration of Juba University as an international examination centre for the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) of London's correspondence courses for professional certification of insurance academicians;
- The Company has registered as a member of regional partners, namely the AIO (African Insurance Organization) Association in May 2013 and is a registered member of the OESAI (Organization of Eastern & Southern African Insurers) as of August 2013.
- The Company has facilitated correspondence courses from the highest accredited insurance institution world wide, the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) prides in 6 (six) individuals who successfully completed their Certificate Level in Insurance (COP- Certificate of Proficiency); 2 are pursuing their Diploma in insurance and 1 for Advanced Diploma.
- The Company is an active and registered member of the AIO (African Insurance Association) and OESAI (Organization of Eastern and Southern Africa Insurers) since 2013. Every year the Company sends delegates for conferences and training exposures.
- The Company supports local groups as part of its Social responsibility by sponsoring various programs at a National level, including financial supports to “Keep Juba Clean” projects, “Athletics Association”, “World HIV/AIDS day”, “Flav Elegance fashion show”, “National Peace & Reconciliation prayer” and the like.