There are two levels of cover available in motor insurance.
- Third Party Only
- Comprehensive cover
1. Third Party Only
- 'Third Party Only' covers the legal liability of the owner/driver in accordance with the laws of the Southern Sudan.
- If the insured is legally liable for death or bodily injury to any person caused by the lawful use of the insured car, then the New Sudan insurance company will indemnify:
- For bodily injury or death caused to third parties: up to limits stated in policy.
- For property damage belonging to third parties: up to limits stated in policy.
NB: 'Third Party Only' does not cover damage to your own insured vehicle. For a wider cover, please read below
2. Comprehensive cover
- This is the most common form of motor insurance, offering the widest possible protection.
- In addition to the cover granted by the third party policy described above, the 'Comprehensive policy' also covers:
- Loss of or damage to the Motor Vehicle and Accessories whilst resulting from
- (a) any accidental Collision or Overturning.
- (b) Fire
- (c) Theft
- (b) Malicious damage to the insured's car.
A Comprehensive motor insurance is usually extended to include Personal Accident Benefit (PAB) cover for the driver and other passengers.